10 Websites for Teaching Math to Remote Students


In this post, you'll find a list of 10 websites that can facilitate teaching math to remote students. I am not affiliated with any of these websites. This post is merely a roundup of some great sites I've discovered.

1) VOCAROO

This free website allows students to upload a voice recording and share it with you.
Why I love it? Vocaroo allows me to get a better read on my students' understanding.


2) FRECKLE

This is an amazing resource for providing your students with online practice.
Why I love it? Freckle is differentiated and standards-aligned!


3) EDPUZZLE

Great for formative assessment, this website allows you to add your "magic touch" to videos.
Why I love it? I can add checks for understanding throughout my Edpuzzle videos!



4) KIALO

This is a free website for classes to use for discussion, debate, and collaboration.
Why I love it? Kialo provides an amazing opportunity for math classes to incorporate higher order thinking tasks.



5) YO! TEACH

This website hosts a backchannel chat for classroom use.
Why I love it? YO Teach! promotes cooperative learning and discussions among students.


6) GOSOAPBOX

This website is a web-based clicker tool that anonymously collects student responses.
Why I love it? GoSoapBox provides a great way to monitor student comprehension.



7) JAMBOARD

This Google product is a whiteboard app with awesome editing tools.
Why I love it? Jamboard helps make math visual.



8) CLASSCRAFT

This innovative website utilizes gaming principles to teach students.
Why I love it? The strategies used on Classcraft greatly motivate students.



9) NEARPOD

This website helps make print lessons interactive.
Why I love it? Nearpod helps me prepare my old lessons for remote learning.



10) EDULASTIC

This website identifies math skill gaps, remediates skill gaps, and tracks data.
Why I love it? Edulastic helps me prepare my students for standardized assessments.






Free to Discover
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment